[linux-dvb] Re: First attempt with Nebula DigiTV card

Clyde Stubbs wrote:

I didn't go through all your message in detail, but two things
leapt out;

Forget about the "insmod" script - use make install in the build-2.4
directory, then use this script:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg10969/dvb-nebula

to start and stop the card (ignore the "tuner not loaded" message when
you stop it).

That script, BTW, is referenced by this short HOWTO:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg10969.html

I didn't follow exactly this - I built bttv separately (but with
the patch).

The missing /dev/dvb stuff confused me too - with the 2.4 kernel, without
the DEV_FS feature (or whatever it is) you will need to manually create
the special file nodes. IIRC, there is a script in the top
level of the dvb-kernel tree that will do this for you.

For testing, you will need to use the DVB utilities - find out what
frequencies you have locally, use scan to identify the PIDS, and
tzap to test tuning. Once you've tuned something with tzap you can
use dvbstream to grab some data, and view it with mplayer.

Note: some australian channels (at least SBS in Qld) are not on the
nominal centre frequency. you should be able to get accurate frequency
information from www.dba.org.au. If you're in Brisbane, I can send
you a file with the local channel info.

Setting up the channel tables in Myth is then required, using the info
that scan got for you. This link will help (but is out of date, so
you have to ad-lib quite a bit)

http://www.hack.id.au/dvbsetup.html

I haven't worked out quite what the channel number, channel id and channel
names are for, except that the id is the key that links the channel table
with the dvb related stuff.

To get aussie program guides, try this link:

http://www.onlinetractorparts.com.au/rohbags/xmltvau/index.html

Install that BEFORE you run mythsetup. Which in the CVS is just setup/setup.

Have fun.

Clyde

Hey Clyde,

I'm in Brisbane and would appreciate your local channel info file please.

Can you post here please ?

Brian.