[linux-dvb] Re: Skystar v2.6b

Pierre-Alexandre FAVIER wrote:
Hi everybody,

I wasn't reading the mailing list for few weeks because of my work, and
I'd like to know if the new version of Skystar 2 is properly handled by
the actual CVS version of the driver.

I've read many messages of the mailing list archive, but I see that some
parts seem to be still under construction. So a clear sum up would be
welcome : is the current driver ok for a usage of a new Skystar 2.6b
with vdr by example ?

I know the answer of this question is spread in the archive, but it's
sometimes hard to understand the exact progression when you don't
understand every technical aspect of the work...

Thanks in advance,
regards,

Pierre-Alexandre

The actual version of CVS dvb-kernel handles the skystar2 rev2.6B quite good. scan works now and thus the skystar2 should make a perfect _second_ card for vdr. If it is appropriate to run without a FF card depends on your own preferences and is rather a matter of the soft-decoder you're using, not of the kernel driver.

I'm not sure about the status of dvb-net, maybe someone else can comment on this.

Niklas