[linux-dvb] Re: First attempt with Nebula DigiTV card

On  2 Dec, luke wrote:
>  >  The missing /dev/dvb stuff confused me too - with the 2.4 kernel, without
>  >  the DEV_FS feature (or whatever it is) you will need to manually create
>  >  the special file nodes. IIRC, there is a script in the top
>  >  level of the dvb-kernel tree that will do this for you.
>
>  Following that, I had a look, but couldn't find anything there.  The
>  scripts directory is empty, too, BTW:
[...]
>  I don't suppose you can recall, even vaguely, what the script or
>  command was called?

Bryan E. Chafy's email ("got it working...") included a reference to the
necessary script, which answers my question, above (it's
DVB/driver/makedev.napi):

> So with or without devfs compiled in, you need to run this script:
> http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/DVB/driver/makedev.napi?rev=1.14&content-type=text/plain

Thanks, Bryan!

I had to create a new group "video", that's all.  One step closer.  :-)

luke