[linux-dvb] Trouble with Nova-T on EPIA board

Hi,

I'm having a few troubles with my Nova-T card and wondered if anyone could
help.  Apologies if this has been asked before, but the archive search seems to
be broken for recent postings.

I've got an EPIA M10000 board with Nova-T, running on a stock RedHat 9
installation.  I had this card working on a different mobo under Debian a few
months ago.  I've transferred to RH9 so I can use the Via binary drivers for my
new EPIA board.

I pulled the latest DVB code from CVS on Monday and built it after patching
compat.h (following instructions on this list from another RH9 user).  On
trying dvbtune with the -i option, I get one of two outcomes:

(a) it returns me the channel information for the ITV mux, independent of the
frequency used - as long as the frequency is valid for one of the muxes.

(b) it gives me the error "nothing to read from fd_sdt".  The full output is:

# dvbtune -f 578000 -i

Using DVB card "Grundig 29504-401"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 578000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Bit error rate: 287
Signal strength: 12593
SNR: 57054
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
<transponder type="T" freq="578000000">
Nothing to read from fd_sdt
</transponder>

The aerial is fine - I've plugged it into a Nebula DVB-T running under Windows
on another machine, and all channels are perfect.  The Nova-T has been proved
to work under Linux previously.  I also tried the 1.0.1 DVB release with the
same results, and so I'm a little stumped - has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks,
Mark