[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] Limitations of current filtering

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:27:13 +0100
Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de> wrote:

> Roberto Ragusa writes:
> [...]
>  >
>  > At that point dvrY is totally useless and it could be theorically
>  > removed (but it's better to not break existing apps, of course).
>  >
>  > I'm open to suggestions on the matter.
>  >
>  > I could try to hack the code myself, but maybe someone else
>  > with more knowledge of the dmx_core internals can do it more
>  > easily than me.
>

> Please check the archives for discussion of the next API version.
> This already discussed getting rid of dvr, adding new features, etc.

I'll check, thank you.

Anyway, I realized after my post that vdr would not be useless.
It's the only way we have to obtain that one program chooses the
pids and another one gets the data (with no communications between
the two). That can be useful.

   Roberto Ragusa    r.ragusa at libero.it