[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC2000-t (Germany) tuning question

Thank you!

> >To actually use the device you'll need to create a channels.conf file. If like me you aren't in an area where someone has provided theirs, then you'll need to make one by hand, as the scan utility doesn't work with the driver yet, as I found out. If you need to create one you'll need the appropriate values for the channel name, frequency, transmission mode, guard interval, QAM, FEC, inversion, audio and video pid. Most of these values are the same so editing an old one is easiest. The values you need can be found by running the box to a tv and selecting the information from the setup menu (before starting the modules connected to a pc as this will put the box into a slave mode until you pull the power and reset it). Once you have your channels.conf you can store it in ~/.tzap/channels.conf and use the tzap utility.  This is in the 'apps/szap/' in the DVB CVS folder or  linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1 will probably work too. To view the picture you'll need to use ts2ps along with mplayer. This is where I had the mose trouble as this is found in libdvb from http://metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html. This wouldn't compile under 2.6 since it has a dependency on linuxtv-dvb being installed and this doesn't like my 2.6 kernel. I compiled this under 2.4 and installed the binaries onto my 2.6 machine and it worked. I think all that is needed it to create a link from DVB/include/linux/dvb to /usr/include/linux/.
> >
> >This should have built two useful utilities ts2ps and ts2es.

k, got this one

tzap returns:

"using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
 tuning to 177500000 Hz
 status 1f | signal 00ff | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
 status 1f | signal 00ff | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK..."

looks good, leave the terminal alone,  but then

"cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | ts2ps 241 242 | mplayer -" returns:

"ts2ps
 Using GNU internationalization
 Original domain: messages
 Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
 Current domain: mplayer
 Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

 MPlayer 0.90rc2-RPM-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

 CPU: Intel  (Family: 8, Stepping: 4)
 Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection
 Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
 Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
 Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 49 audio & 125 video codecs
 font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
 Syntax error in font desc: name 'File generated for koi8-r encoding using `Arial Regular' face (/mnt/DOS_C/winnt/Fonts/arial.ttf), ppem=24 by Nick Kurshev nickols_k@mail.ru'

 Can't load font bitmap: arpi_osd_a.raw
 Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz)
 Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 Input config file /etc/mplayer/input.conf parsed : 50 binds

 Playing -
 Reading from stdin...
 Cache fill:  0,00% (0 bytes)"

No picture at all, no cached data, not good.

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

regards

Michael