[linux-dvb] Re: no frontend with skystar2 2.6b and kernel 2.6-test11

Am Montag, 8. Dezember 2003 10:03 schrieb Niklas Peinecke:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Am Montag, 8. Dezember 2003 00:32 schrieb Augusto Cardoso:
> >>Hi!
> >>
> >>You may want to try the CVS version of the dvb_kernel. The CVS
> >>version is updated almost daily and it's the latest code. The
> >>Skystar2 2.6B from the CVS should work, but you need to look at the
> >>log to find out if the board was detected correctly or not.
> >
> > As I try nearly the same with the same card I drop my mail in here.
> > I have started my machine new and load the driver. Never looked at
> > the logs before (shame on me, see my other mail)
> >
> >>From dmesg:

> > What my thought was, is that maybe a firmware is needed for the
> > SkyStar2, but i haven't really found something about that topic.
>
> No wonder: You don't need any firmware.

Ok. Fine :)

> > Video is working fine allready. I have attached my only cable to
> > the skystar2 and was able to use vdr without a hitch together with
> > my fullfeatured card (transfer mode from skystar2 to ff-card). What
> > doesn't work is SkyDSL, I guess this is because of the master_xfer
> > error ?
>
> This is a really strange address and length:
>  > message 2: flags=0xd11b, addr=0x8960, buf=0x64, len=1024
>
>                                    ^^^^                ^^^^
>
> It's almost certainly rubbish, but I wonder, where this comes from.
> Which apps were started after loading the driver?

Nothing yet. I have just load the driver and instantly after that
executed a "dmesg" . Using vdr gives no error message. Any informations
that i could provide ?

> > I use kernel 2.4.22 and dvb-kernel.
> >
> > Steffen
>
> Niklas

Another thing is that i can block the driver from unloading if i use
dvbtune .... -n xxxx to often. lsmod shows then that the module is used
9 times, but no chance beside reboot to unload the driver again. Just
thought that might be important too.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Steffen