[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC2000-t (Germany) tuning question

On Monday 08 December 2003 4:45 pm, Michael Loose wrote:
> > - changed the firmware in /etc/dvb to 215a
>
> of course it's /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/ , sorry

In 2.6 kernels only, and that change has only been in cvs less than 24 hours.
Sorry if this bad timing has caused confusion - my next email will be asking
someone where in cvs a readme for the driver belongs ;)

For 2.4 kernels keep the firmware in /etc/dvb at compile time, since 2.4
doesn't have the new firmware loader code.

> > - recompiled/reinstalled the whole stuff

I take it the box still won't get rebooted by the linux driver?  Make sure you
make clean before compiling, because otherwise the header that is built from
the firmware binary will not get rebuilt.  You can insert the module with the
option debug=1 to get more output in the kernel logs.

I seem to remember trying to get the windows driver to load the firmware and
then use the linux driver and getting the same frozen mess.  Also, very
rarely the box seems to get in a frozen state for no apparent reason, and
requires being unplugged (power cord) and left for a good few minutes until
it will forget whatever grudge it was bearing.

Not sure about the driver oops - you could try piping it through ksymoops for
something more meaningful.  There is a known problem with disconnecting the
device whilst it's in use though.

Cheers,
Alex