[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Re: Siemens dvb-c and HTV

Hi!

(Disclaimer: I don't know you card and I'm not familiar with the driver for it)

QAM128 is a not a symmetrical modulation. This makes it a difficult mode to operate. The hardware has to have a very "clean" signal path and the software has to be tailor to this type of applications. Sometimes it's easier to do QAM256 than QAM128. I'm surprise that people are actually using QAM128.

Can you get any performance information from the card. For example the uncorrected packets, BER, SNR, etc. This could provide some information on how bad the situation is and if there is hope of getting this working.
I remember working with the ST cable part and spending a lot of time messing around with some undocumented registers to get it working at QAM256. We never got the QAM128 fully functional and I remember that at B2C2 we took it out of the specification.

Sorry I couldn't help you much on this.

	Augusto