[linux-dvb] Re: Speed of DVB audio decoding

Radovan Garabik wrote:
This is just a description of what I found out, maybe to help
others with similar problems...
My setup is PII 266 MHZ with Skystar2 (2.6B), which is about as
slow as you can get (but at least it has a good video card :-))

Watching TV under Windows is aceptable, channels with better resolutions
(such as Canale 5, Italia 1, german channels on Hotbird) are jerky,
but watchable (but switching channels takes forever).

First I tried to use mplayer, while low resolution channels were OK,
high resolutions were unwatchable. While experimenting with different
video and audio codecs, I accidentally found out that leaving sound out
makes the picture quite smooth. So I took a piece of audio and tried various mp2 players:
mplayer (with no video) eats about 15% CPU
I'm just curious, which audio codec in mplayer have you been using? Can please you try the different audio codecs and report the results?

Holger