[linux-dvb] Re: Skystar2 misc changes committed, testing wanted

Niklas Peinecke wrote:
Roberto Ragusa wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:32:48 +0100
Niklas Peinecke <peinecke@gdv.uni-hannover.de> wrote:

Hi Roberto,

good work, indeed!
I attached a (trivial) patch that removes two empty if-clauses and speeds up the pid removal (from O(n) to O(1)).

Thanks.
The empty "if" was there because it was "emptied" during the changes
and I didn't care to remove it.

I planned the same O(n)->O(1) you've done, but I forgot to apply.

Sorry, I only meant to clean up my own "mess" ;)

There is another thing I want to implement: closing bandwidth when
we have enough filters. At the moment it depends on the order
the pids were requested.
Let's test this version for a while, then I'll do it.

I thought about that, too. OK, let's do some tests first. We should also have a look at skystar2_probe, I'm still usure if everything is registered the way it is meant to be, e.g.

adapter->dmxdev.filternum = 32;
You can safely set this number to 256 -- when you open the whole bandwidth stream as soon too many filters are active the software demux will care about the rest. adapter->dmxdev.filternum is the number of maximum active software filters at the same time.

Holger