[linux-dvb] Re: no frontend with skystar2 2.6b and kernel 2.6-test11

Steffen Barszus wrote:
Am Montag, 8. Dezember 2003 10:46 schrieb Niklas Peinecke:

This is a really strange address and length:

message 2: flags=0xd11b, addr=0x8960, buf=0x64, len=1024
                                 ^^^^                ^^^^

It's almost certainly rubbish, but I wonder, where this comes from.
Which apps were started after loading the driver?
Nothing yet. I have just load the driver and instantly after that
executed a "dmesg" . Using vdr gives no error message. Any
informations that i could provide ?
Ok, it was a typo in the debug message. Please apply the attached
patch and report again.

I have checked out todeays dvb-kernel cvs, i guess there is the patch attached:
DVB: registering frontend 1:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...
master_xfer: read error !
message 0: flags=0x0, addr=0xe, buf=0x7e, len=1
message 1: flags=0x1, addr=0xe, buf=0xcb, len=1

Another thing is that i can block the driver from unloading if i
use dvbtune .... -n xxxx to often. lsmod shows then that the module
is used 9 times, but no chance beside reboot to unload the driver
again. Just thought that might be important too.
Sorry, I have not tried dvbtune myself. Maybe you have to upgrade
dvbtune?

May be, i use rather szap then, easier to handle and helds the device open.
Further i can report a kernel crash now. Running dvbsnoop it crashes immediatly on a special PID

Steps to reproduce() the channel is on Astra19,2):

szap's channels.conf line:
HOERZU DIGITAL:10832:h:0:22000:61:62:0:0:61961
szap to that channel and ...
Starting :
dvbsnoop 5169

=> blinking LEDs Maybe someone with more time and knowledge then me can reproduce that. If noone else can reproduce it it Ok too as it is my problem then ;)

Steffen
Sorry, I have no idea where the kernel crash comes from. Nevertheless the master_xfer read error should be a result of the mt312 frontend driver trying to attach itself to the skystar2 card driver. I guess you have a revision 2.6B card? Then you do not need to load the mt312 module (if you do not have any other card with a mt312/vp310 based frontend). You can safely remove it from insmod (or what else you are using) and get rid of the error message.

Niklas