[linux-dvb] Re: Choosing the "best" DVB-S premium card

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:
If I use the VGA input it's progressive (which is bad when the original source is interlaced anyway. I'm not satisfied with ANY de-interlacing I have seen so far when compared to TV out from even a DXR3) and it;s 60hz which is bad since everything I will be watching is PAL.

I have been battling with this for months with my G450. All my source material is PAL.

I'm now using a 1024x768@60hz framebuffer as my projector's VGA input can only handle 640x480 800x600 and 1024x768 (and it's a native 1024x768 unit)

I'm using mplayer with the mga_vid kernel module driver and
-fv pp=0x20000 for de-interlacing. I must say I'm very happy with the output. It's not perfect, but then I'm very very picky also.

I have not really noticed any issues with the 50 vs 60 frequency mismatch once I moved to the -vo mga driver. With framebuffer and cvidix drivers it was very apparent, but I'd give this a go.

Regards,
Brad