[linux-dvb] Re: HDTV capable software?

Nico writes:

 > Olaf Titz wrote:
 >
 > >Hello all,
 > >
 > >this channel on Astra is an HDTV test installation:
 > >
 > >MPEG2 HD:12168:v:S19.2E:27500:308+8190:256,257:0:0:21100:0:0:0
 > >
 > >According to c't magazine, no DVB-S card does officially support that,
 > >
 > only if you use the MPEG decoding chips
 >
 > >but the SS2 should work. Now, I have a Nexus card, but would like to
 > >test that channel anyway, but none of the software MPEG decoders I
 > >tried[1] can decode the signal. (The hardware decoder fails, not
 > >surprisingly. The driver [dvb-kernel] subsequently OOPSes but there
 > >still are more important OOPSes to chase[2].)
 > >
 > >So is the signal broken (rsp. my card not able to decode it at all) or
 > >is there other S/W needed?
 > >
 > >Olaf
 > >
 > >[1] mplayer (segfault), vdrsync.pl (spews error messages), ds_X080 (NPE)
 > >
 > >[2] e.g. start more than one VDR instance, stop them at once, OOPS.
 > >

 > what version of mplayer and how did you use it?

I forgot, it also works with "mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -vf scale=480:480
reorded.ts" on a fullfeatured card. The file was recorded with a
budget card.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>        I like GNU, but I couldn't eat a whole one          <<<|