[linux-dvb] Re: acpi sleep mode

>> Does anybody know if there is a possibility to execute a script upon
>> resume from power states? This would give us the prelimiary possibility
>> to remove the DVB modules and insert them again. I estimate this would
>> allow a startup time less than 10 seconds.

> A http://www.linuxbios.org "enabled" mainboard would start even faster...

I think the DVB driver alone needs about 5 seconds to setup the hardware.

Since support for my mainboard - EPIA-M - is still "unstable" I wasn't
brave enough to try it. I read they didn't setup the TV-Out etc...
I will try it with my ASUS A7V if time permits...

I think ACPI support for the DVB cards would help much more people.
Linux-BIOS will only be useable for a small amount of people. Systems
with ACPI are standard for some years (although sometimes buggy, but this
will only become better, if people will use it...)

-- Andreas