[linux-dvb] Re: acpi sleep mode

Andreas Rosenberg <sonix2003@ctf-z.de> writes:

> I think ACPI support for the DVB cards would help much more people.
> Linux-BIOS will only be useable for a small amount of people. Systems
> with ACPI are standard for some years (although sometimes buggy, but this
> will only become better, if people will use it...)

Neverless it is a very new thing in the linux world as only the 2.6
kernel has at least the infrastructure in place for this.  I'd expect
it takes quite some time until that works flawlessly.  I also have a
bug report on my desk saying bttv doesn't survive S3 and can do next
to nothing about that right now.  I can't test it.  On my box suspend
simply doesn't work, even S1 on a idle machine ...

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel