[linux-dvb] "linux-dvb" or "dvb-kernel" - which driver to take for AV7110 and VDR?

Hi,

as I recently built a SkyStar 2 in my VDR system and installed the latest
linux-dvb drivers 1.0.1 (that are recommended for VDR), I got major problems
because the latest SS2 patches were only available for the dvb-kernel
drivers.

So it seems to me that it is best to use the dvb-kernel drivers. But I
believe to have heard that they do not support a Nexus/DVB-s as well as the
linux-dvb drivers. Is this true? If yes, why is this the case and is a
mixture between both drivers possible?

With kind regards

Jörg Knitter