[linux-dvb] Re: video + net with Nexus

emard@softhome.net writes:
 > Ralph Metzler writes:
 >
 > > emard@softhome.net writes:
 > >  > joint patch), However dvb-s still has some freeze issue, is not
 > >  > very stable at replaying mpeg, or in general is unstable in large
 > >  > bi-directional traffic between PC and dvb-s card.
 > >  > The workqueue strategy seems not to fix all the stability in 2.4
 > >
 > > What is this "workqueue strategy" supposed to be?
 > >

 > I understood that is delaying of setting filters until
 > userspace environment changes into the tasklet... in
 > case 2.4 has some sort of backport of workqueue instead
 > of some dummy #define ...

The only file where task/workqueues are used at all is dvb_net.c
because network driver calls are handled within interrupt context but
filters cannot be set from within interrupts. (btw., do you see the
possible race condition in the current code? Think about network
calls during queue execution ...)

But you were talking about specific problems with the "workqueue strategy"
when using full-featured cards bi-directionally?
Did you mean when also using networking or in any case when recording
and playing back at the same time?
There can of course still be problems but not related to any
workqueues.

Ralph