[linux-dvb] Re: video + net with Nexus

Am Freitag, 19. Dezember 2003 09:58 schrieb Alexandre CONRAD:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if all these patches you guys are working on
> (specially Emard) for a few weeks would fix my issue : I want to read
> mpegs from disk using the ntuxplayer application from Metzlerbros,
> and set up the dvb0_0 interface (with dvbnet for example) for
> downloading files. The last time I tried that, it crashed my kernel.
> It starts downloading for a few minutes, then crash. (kernel panic,
> blinking keyboard leds, etc...).

For me the crashes are gone, but you can sure forget to try dvb/ip over
a nexus. I get data rates of 3-4 kB over the nexus and 120 over a
skystar2. If this could be fixed it would sure be nice, but from
current discussions i read that the card "is not designed to work" for
this task and i have it understood, that this issue wont be fixed.

Steffen