[linux-dvb] WSS support for DVB-S full featured cards

Michal Dobrzynski writes:
 > I haven't been able to really do anything butt try and read about it
 > (because my rev1.5 card has not arrived yet) but I really care about
 > WSS support via the RGB out (or SVideo for that matter) of the card.
 >
 > It seems that this would have to be done by setting values on line 23
 > of the VBI signal. Is it possible to set this via the saa7146 (I
 > presume this is where it would have to be done) on output? I don't even
 > know if it's just possible to read the VBI or also write it.

This has nothing to do with the SAA7146. It is not involved with the
video output of the card, only with PCI transfers.

 > The reason this is important to me is because I have a widescreen TV
 > that supports aspect switching via WSS and I currently have 2 DVB-T
 > cards where the channels are all transmitted in anamorphic and when I
 > get the DVB-S card all the channels via that will be in 4:3 format. If
 > I can't get the TV  to auto switch depending on the channel (or even
 > source adapter) then my setup will be dead in the water from a
 > usability standpoint (my parents are the measure of usability).

If the format of the TV is correctly set by the application then WSS
signalling via line 23 is automatically handled by the firmware.
This works fine with a Panasonic widescreen TV here.

Ralph