[linux-dvb] Re: video + net with Nexus

Hi!

I may have miss the point here, however, I have run the skystar2 cards at 38Mbps IP payload speeds without dropping any packets for more than 24 hours. With the FCII/FCIIB the maximum speed that I got is about 41Mbps. With FCIII I have tested it at 78Mbps and simulated it at 120Mbps. (Note this tests were done at B2C2 with B2C2's drivers).
When I used to work at B2C2, we focus on data applications. That is the main reason the B2C2 Windows driver is a NDIS driver and the B2C2 Linux driver is a network driver. Unfortunately, the B2C2 drivers are proprietary and very cumbersome.

We did developed a software package for testing data in Unicast and Multicast. We also run the data in the same transponder that we run the video/audio. We tested receiving all IP data and video/audio without any problems.

I haven't done much data tests with the linuxtv.org drivers, mainly because my use is for video/audio MPEG2 data.

Can this be a latency issue in the driver? How are you testing? What type of applications/protocol? What's the service provider?

	Augusto