[linux-dvb] Re: need help with linux dvb driver

> in fact, i try everythings just to get this card
> working, after i insmod the "dst" and fail to get the
> VDR or xawtv to work with, i tried to insmod the
> "CX24110" to see if it works, but nothings happen, the
> i tried remove the "dst" and insmod it again with
> "DST_TYPE_FLAGS=0",
> "DST_TYPE_FLAGS=1","DST_TYPE_FLAGS=4", but again
> nothings happen and the VDR cannot crab the
> /dev/video0 devices.

	You cannot use /dev/video0 for a budget card..... /dev/video0 will work only
for cards that have an onboard MPEG2 decoder .....

xawtv will not work as it is... You will have to use mplayer and pipe the
output to mplayer...

	I don't have any idea about VDR ....

Maybe you can try this script out....

modprobe dvb_core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
modprobe video-buf
modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x68
modprobe bt878
modprobe dst dst_type_flags=4
modprobe dvb-bt8xx

You can try to use scan to generate your channel config after creating the
"initial seed" and then szap to the channel you want...

You can test the picture using the "test_dvr" utility in the test directory of
the "DVB" driver not "dvb-kernel".

	I don't have any idea of using VDR.. You might have to find out ...

Regards,
Manu