[linux-dvb] Re: driver snapshots dvb-kernel ?

Hello Steffen,

I have a FF rev 1.3 and a skystar2 rev 2.6b here. I had the last weeks/days dvb-kernel running, because i need it for the skystar. I did yesterday accidently a cvs update without saving the previous status.
You can check out older version of the CVS by date.

CVS told me that the firmware is out of the repository. Compiling the driver for 2.4 fails now:

gcc -I/home/steffen/dvbtreiber/DVB/dvb-kernel/build-2.4/include -o fdump fdump.c
./fdump dvb-ttpci-01.fw dvb_ttpci_fw av7110_firm.h
firmware file 'dvb-ttpci-01.fw' not found
make[2]: *** [av7110_firm.h] Fehler 255
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/steffen/dvbtreiber/DVB/dvb-kernel/build-2.4'
make[1]: *** [_mod_/home/steffen/dvbtreiber/DVB/dvb-kernel/build-2.4] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-10mdk'
make: *** [build] Fehler 2

I have read all the mails regarding sourcing the firmware out of the driver. There do i find the firmware now ? I havent found anything. Anything that can help me get it running _now_ would make me happy. I have some recordings in the queue for the next days.
8-) Christmas movie mania. ;-)

I'm currently updating the docs, but forgot "build-2.4/README". Mea culpa.

Get the firmware from the main DVB download site, the only and most recent version is
http://www.linuxtv.org:81/download/dvb/dvb-ttpci-01.fw

Then do a "make clean && ./getlinks && make" in the directory. The call to the "fdump" utility should convert the firmware file to the header file again, just like it used to be.

- dvb-kernel doesn't compile on 2.4 because of missing firmware
- firmware is not in cvs
- didn't found firmware somewhere on ftp

Ok hope someone can help me out of this. I updated because of outcommand errors i get with this setup regulary.
I fear this won't be fixed. For me, these types of errors happen if you have a picky card in a picky system, ie. irq sharing, VIA chipset, high overall latency, ...

> - recording on 22:30 :D

I'll be on the net until 23:00 ... ;-)

TIA
Steffen