[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.0 and firmware patches?

Hello,

> You shouldn't use the patches from "patches-2.6" then. The firmware was
> removed, so it's not possible to compile the driver statically into the
> kernel any more, as long as you don't have the right
> firmware-hotplug-loading stuff at hand.
Okay. I used makelinks already anyway -- good luck.

> You need to download the firmware from the webpage,
You mean dvb-ttpci-01.fw from linuxtv.org/download/dvb ?

> I'm not the av7110/firmware expert here, but: under what circumstances
> picture/sound get lost? Live-TV, playback of recordings? Right after the
> start, after 2 hours?
I leave the machine running day and night: when I get up in the morning,
picture is lost.
Thus, it seems to break down during live tv.

> Does this happen with 2.4 and "DVB", too?
Never tried... Would you consider this combination more stable or just
different ?

> It might be worth asking on the vdr mailing list, too.
Sure, maybe someone else has experienced the same problem already.

Lars