[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.0 and firmware patches?

Hello Lars,

You need to download the firmware from the webpage,
You mean dvb-ttpci-01.fw from linuxtv.org/download/dvb ?
Yes.

I'm not the av7110/firmware expert here, but: under what circumstances
picture/sound get lost? Live-TV, playback of recordings? Right after the
start, after 2 hours?
I leave the machine running day and night: when I get up in the morning,
picture is lost.
Thus, it seems to break down during live tv.

Does this happen with 2.4 and "DVB", too?
Never tried... Would you consider this combination more stable or just
different ?
From the "vdr" point of view, both versions are equal because the DVB subsystem and the av7110 DVB portions are unchanged. Only the saa7146 subsystem has been changed, but this only affects tv-programs like "xawtv" which use the Video4Linux /dev/video to access the "analog" tv portions.

But of course the underlying operating system has changed, tasklets are used instead of bottom halves/"fat" irq-handlers and other kernel version relevant stuff has changed. Because of the fact that there is a lot of av7110 <=> saa7146 <=> host communictation, it might be that the DVB driver works better in your case. Of course this shouldn't be, but we'll only see that when users start to use 2.6. 8-(

But DVB is only available for 2.4.

It might be worth asking on the vdr mailing list, too.
Sure, maybe someone else has experienced the same problem already.
You don't see anything in the syslog?
Is the card still working/recording?
What happens if you switch channels? Do the service informations still appear?

Lars
CU
Michael.