[linux-dvb] Re: linux-2.6.0-test8 with dvb-kernel crashes

Hello Laurence,

On 24.10.2003 09:00, Laurence Culhane schrieb:

I came across this problem a few months ago.  I do have more than 1GB of
RAM so felt I should be enabling the high memory support.  I've been
commenting out the BUG call that causes the problem (see below) with no
ill effects.
I'd be happier knowing that this was the correct thing to do but I have
to confess I haven't had the motivation to look into it further.  Sorry!
I just wanted to tell you that I fixed the "bug" by replacing the offending vmalloc() by vmalloc_32(), which always gives back lowmem kernel memory.

It would be better to use pci_alloc_consistent() for all memory that is touched by DMA stuff, though.

*scribble* put onto todo list *scribble* 8-)

Laurence
CU
Michael.