[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S Rev1.5 RGB out nightmare

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

Si it looks like I may have made a very expensive mistake ordering a card from overseas. I've followed the diagram at http://www2.arnes.si/%7Emthale1/rgb.html to create a cable to connect the card via J2 to my TV and the best I have been able to get is a garbled, scrolling mass of junk (only barely recognizable as the TV image) if and only if I set the TV input to VHS , SVHS or automatic VHS/SVHS.

If I set the input to RGB or any other setting I get "No Signal". The composite TV out and audio out on the back of the card work fine (though the image quality is terrible when even compared to the SVideo out of my DXR3's). I do not have the Composite connected to the back of the card when I try to get RGB out via J2. Incidentally I also seem to get no analogue audio out of J2 when the wires are connected as instructed.

I've inspected the cable dozens of times and tested it with a multi-meter to make sure signals are going where they should. and that there is no leakage I have tried with both a 47ohm and a 100ohm resistor. My TV is a Loewe Credo with which I use a Loewe RGB capable DVD player and RGB out from a Matrox G550. The input which I am connecting J2 to definitely supports RGB and I know how to configure the TV to accept an RGB signal.

Can anyone help me in any way? Even if it's just providing alternative (even if they are identical) J2 to RGB schematics. I'm desperate.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. Because I know there is a risk of damaging the TV out component of the card and I do not know the procedure to connect things safely I go out o my way to avoid problems. I shut down the computer and turn the TV off and then unplug both from their power-points before I connect or disconnect cables to the card at the J2 end or the TV end. Just in case,

Hello,
The main Problem can be the cable you are using, and the length of it.
I would suggest to connect the J2 to a female SCART connector with a short ( and if possible shielded ) cable connection ( ~ 30 cm ).
You have to be aware that in this cse the pins 1-2, 3-6 and 19-20 must be crossed.
Then take a high quality Scart-Cable and it should work fine

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de