[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S Rev1.5 RGB out nightmare

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

On 23/12/2003, at 8:19 PM, Helmut Auer wrote:

Hello,
The main Problem can be the cable you are using, and the length of it.
I would suggest to connect the J2 to a female SCART connector with a short ( and if possible shielded ) cable connection ( ~ 30 cm ).
You have to be aware that in this cse the pins 1-2, 3-6 and 19-20 must be crossed.
Then take a high quality Scart-Cable and it should work fine

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de

This is exactly what I have done :/

What do you mean the connections must be crossed? It's still the same numbered pins that you connect to (if you mean a mirror image then they're numbered to have a 1 to 1 correspondence with the male counterpart).

I have used an IDC line socket 10 way connector at the J2 end.

Regards,
Michal

Hi Michal,

If you connect J2 to a male SCART Connector you have to connect
Pin 1 of J2 to Pin 20 on male Scart
Pin 6 of J2 to Pin 2 on male Scart
Pin 8 of J2 to Pin 6 on male Scart

If you use a female SCART Connector, you have to connect:
Pin 1 of J2 to Pin 19 on female Scart
Pin 6 of J2 to Pin 1 on female Scart
Pin 8 of J2 to Pin 3 on female Scart

--