[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S Rev1.5 RGB out nightmare

On 23/12/2003, at 9:43 PM, Helmut Auer wrote:

Hi Michal,

That doesn't quite make sense to me as pin 1 on the male connector corresponds to pin 1 on the female connector and so forth through all the pins. When I compared it to the male connector I wired up for the Matrox G550 the red, green, blue, etc pins went into the red, green, blue etc sockets.

Perhaps you have worked with mislabeled or unlabeled female SCART connectors in the past that you think it should be this way? If I followed your advice then the signals would not correspond on the male and female connectors and I could potentially damage the DVB-S card (or at least this is what I fear).
That makes a lot of sense because Pin 1 is defined as Audio right out, Pin 2 as Audio right in, Pin 3 as Audio left out, Pin 6 as Audio left in, Pin 19 as Video out and Pin 20 as Video in. And If you connect to J2 to a female Connector you have to use the OUT Connection, If you use a Male SCART Connector directly to your TV you have use the IN Connection.

A usual SCART Cable crosses these conections inside, that means e.g. Pin 2 is connected to Pin 1 on the other side !!!!!!!!

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de
OK. I'm starting to warm up to the idea. But before I risk it I may just try connecting directly to a male connector to make sure it really works. If it does then it'll be the best Christmas present I've gotten in years. Too late to try it tonight but I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks.

Regards,
Michal