[linux-dvb] Re: tuning problems wih dvb-kernel

From: "Andreas Oberritter" <andreas@oberritter.de>
> seems like auto inversion fails. please try ves1820.c from dvb-kernel
> or try increasing the mdelays until it works reliably. current cvs
> version uses 50ms delay while the patches you used have 30ms.

Might still not be enough. I've measured the sync-times of the VES1820 and
it can sometimes take over 80ms for it to sync after a soft-reset (sync'ing
without a soft-reset is much faster, typically less than 8ms, but
unfortunately not reliable since the AFC logic can get "stuck" at a far
off-center frequency and cause the demodulator not to sync at all). You
might want to try 100ms or even more...

Regards,«
--
Robert Schlabbach