[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning into channel 67

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 11:29 pm, Jon Dye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Nova-T (budget) card which I have got working fine using the
> tda1004x frontend driver.  My local transmitter (Sandy Heath) transmits
> one of the MUXs on channel 67 which I believe is about 842GHz.  It seems
> that I cannot tune the tuner to this frequency as I get a EINVAL error
> back from the driver.  Is this a real restriction of this tuner chip, is
> this a driver restriction that can be removed or is this possibly my error?
>
> I am using the dvbtune program to do the tuning if that makes any
> difference.
>
> JD

Hi JD

I have the same card as you, also in the UK, but Hemel Hempstead transmitted
instead. I'm using linux 2.6.0 with latest dvb drivers:

buffy% dvbtune -f 842000000
Using DVB card "Philips TDA10045H"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 842000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Event:  Frequency: 852600000
        SymbolRate: 0
        FEC_inner:  3

Bit error rate: 105422
Signal strength: 54998
SNR: 61166
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC

Which looks fine to me (in that it's not an EINVAL, Hemelhempstead doesn't
transmit on 67 I think).

Cheers

John