[linux-dvb] New tuner chipset for SkyStar2 rev 2.68/B

Hi,

After a week of struggle trying to make my SS2 work under Linux, I came
to find out that the card has a non supported tuner/frontend.

After playing with the Windows driver and debugging/disassembling, I
found out that I have a "QAM ST-STV0297 with Alps Tuner". This string
came from the driver itself. The driver seems to support many tuners,
some of them not being in the Linux DVB drivers.

From the debug symbols on the Windows drivers, the ALPS tuner is a
Freq_ALPS_TDEF4X017A (this is the actual function name).

Does anyone know if work is being done on this tuner, or is this new
information ?

I've used Technisat's drivers 4.2.8 and there seems to be enough
debug symbols to "easily" create a frontend driver for it.

I'm going to give it a try to write some C code based on the Windows
driver. Would anyone have some kind of skeleton code to write a frontend.

Thanks

Sergio