[linux-dvb] Re: EPG

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 10:45:56PM +0100, Carlos Fernandez Sanz wrote:

> Is it possible to receive the EPGs and export them to different formats? In particular, I'd like to get the EPG from the Spanish platform Digital Plus and import it into a databse for mythtv. I'm skilled in programming but totally new to DVB internals. I don't even know if this is done already (didn't find anything though), or if the format is at least known, etc.

AFAIR, D+ was using a proprietary implementation for EPG, at least for
SECA/Mediaguard, not using the standards defined for DVB.
A program that could/can handle these streams was called mhwepg.
I suppose, the nagra-version of D+ will use yet another proprietary so-
lution for EPG, but I don't know for sure.

Wolfgang