[linux-dvb] Tuning problems on "new" rev1.5 DVB-S card

The problem with tuning on my DVB-S card described in aniother thread MAY
have something to do with this:

lspci -nv | grep 0480 -A1
03:01.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 13c2:0000
--
03:03.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 13c2:1011

The first card is in fact a rev1.5 card. It was purchased as such and the
pcb has rev1.5 printed on it and the specifications match that of rev1.5
cards. It was purchased very recently and I suspect it is a new batch of
cards.

The other two cards are Nova DVB-T Budget clones and both work perfectly
fine. I am not having any serious trouble with the TV out of the DVB-S
card but the tuning while being detected ok and appearing to operate
correctly is incapable of locking onto any signal even though it is
absolutely certain that the signal is getting to the card at the very
least (hence either there is a hardware fault with the card or a problem
with the drivers).

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. Here again are the detection details upon the loading of the
necessary modules:

saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
saa7146_core: found saa7146 @ mem e090be00 (revision 1, irq 17)
(0x13c2,0x0000).
DVB: registering new adapter (Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3).
probe_tuner: try to attach to Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3
stv0299.c: setup for tuner BSRU6, TDQB-S00x
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...
Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3 adapter 0 has MAC addr =
00:d0:5c:03:2a:70
DVB: AV7111(0) - firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app 8000261b
DVB: AV7111(0) - firmware supports CI link layer interface
av7110(0): Crystal audio DAC detected
saa7146_fops: saa7146 (0): registered device video0 [v4l2]
av7110: found av7110-0.