[linux-dvb] Mac OS X Compile, ld: can't locate file for: -ldvbmpegtools

St.Denis writes:
 > Hello,
 > I have some MPEG2 pes streams that I'm trying to mux to transport streams
 > to export to a DVHS device.
 > pes2ts2 seems like the right tool for the job, but I'm on a Mac OS X 10.3 and I have been trying to compile the dvb-mpegtools
 > portion of libdvb without success.
 > Here is the output from "make"
 >
 > Makefile:80: .depend: No such file or directory
 > g++  -M audiofilter.c mainc.c dvbaudio.cc main.cc  bits.cpp buffer.cpp
 > domplex.cpp inits.cpp inptstrm.cpp interact.cpp mplex.cpp multplex.cpp
 > systems.cpp timecode.cpp -I. -I../include -I../../include> .depend
 > g++ -c -O2 -Wall -g -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
 > -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I. -I../include -I../../include  main.cc
 > g++ main.o -L../ -ldvbmpegtools -o dvb-mpegtools_main
 > ld: can't locate file for: -ldvbmpegtools
 > make: *** [dvb-mpegtools_main] Error 1
 >
 > I know this is a linux tool, but I do not need the portion specific to the
 > tuner cards, can anyone please help me?

The lib should be in the parent directory as indicated by the
-L../. Did you make "make" in the main directory or if you don't want
the libdvb stuff. Change to libdvbmpeg. Make "make" and copy
libdvbmpeg.a to the main directory.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>        I like GNU, but I couldn't eat a whole one          <<<|