[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T signal acquisition time...?

Robert Schlabbach wrote:

Hi,

has anyone here ever measured the signal acquisition time (time for the
demodulator to fully lock to a signal after a channel change) on DVB-T? I
find that with my TDA10045H card and (Windows) driver, it takes over 600ms
to fully lock to a signal - a bit too long for my taste.

Is that the best the TDA10045H (or even DVB-T) can do, or am I maybe doing
something wrong? For comparison, the STV0299B can acquire the signal in
less than 5ms, and the VES1820 typically in less than 50ms. These times are
negligible compared to the typical MPEG keyframe interval of about 500ms.
But the DVB-T signal acquisition time is not and significantly delays the
channel change times... :(

Have you compared with the old DVB branch? I have switched to kernel 2.6 and am living with the 600ms, but my recollection is that it was more like 300-350ms under DVB?