[linux-dvb] Re: Linux DVB driver install howto

Hi,

In addition to my previous post I should add that simply following the
instructions in the INSTALL file gave these results:

[root@Linux linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1]# make
cat: CVS/Root: No such file or directory
(cd driver; make)
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1/driver'
Makefile:102: /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/build/Rules.make: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/build/Rules.make'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1/driver'
make: *** [dvb] Error 2
[root@Linux linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1]#

Regards,

Tim.

Hi,

I'm a one-time Unix geek who last built a kernel under Sunos 4.1.3
10 years ago and coming from MacOS X I need a helping hand.
The linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1 driver readme says that you must have the
source for the kernel, I am running Mandrake 9.1, where can I get this?
Is there an installation procedure for dummies or do you have to be
a Linux expert to get DVB working? Is there and "easy install" procedure
or does the driver need to be statically linked into the kernel. I've
never built a Linux kernel you see, even for installing drivers for my
other peripherals. Any direction as to how to get this driver installed,
or where to go to find out how to, would be gratefully received.

BTW the card I have is a SkyStar 2, and the PC is a 500MHz PIII,
will the PC be up to the job?

Regards,

Tim.