[linux-dvb] Problems getting Pinnacle PCTV Sat to lock (Take 2)

Hi,

Well I've managed to progress my struggle with the Pinnacle PCTV Sat
card a little further.  Hopefully this will jog a memory somewhere and
some kind soul will be able to tell me where I went wrong.

I'm now using the latest CVS sources with a 2.4.25 kernel.

If I load the bttv module with "modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x68" as per
the README.bt8xx then I get a system that can tune to and lock on to a
signal **provided** some other device powers the LNB and provides the
22kHz tone.  ie. in this state the Pinnacle card provides no power or
tone (I've checked with a scope, flatline 0V).

If I load the bttv module with "modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1" ie let it auto
detect the card type then I get a card that will generate power and tone
correctly but won't tune :-(

So what's the trick to getting power and tuning at the same time ?
--
        Bob Dunlop