[linux-dvb] Re: Subtitle synchronisation when converting to DVD

>> I've written a program that converts a dvb ts to a dvd-ready mpg stream.
>
> Does that mean that one can convert a vdr file to a dvd with your
>program ? If taht is the case, I would be very intersted in it.

It's something I've done for myself and never released, mainly because the
code is so ugly, and it's so customised for uk dvb-t broadcasts.
The basic features it does:
- converts a ts to an mpg file, ready to add to dvdauthor
(http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/)
- reduces effects of reception errors ensuring excellent a/v sync (imho)
- written as a java console program.
- filters out 16:9 or 4:3 GOPs. (dvds can only deal with one ratio per
programme).
- corrects internal bitrates and timestampts, ensuring the correct clocks
happen in totem/gmplayer etc.
- can cleanly remove GOPs from the middle of the file, given a description
file, for advert removal. GOPchop is how I get those numbers.

I'm currently rewriting the video error correction (and only at weekends,
really), so it's even less ready for public consumption. When it can deal
with my most erroneous ts stream, then I can upload it. Sorry I can't do it
sooner. By the way, when I get round to it, I'll GPL it.

There is also a problem in one of my (consumer) dvd players where it totally
loses track of things when you fast-forward/pause the video. That's
something else I want to fix.

Chris