[linux-dvb] Question about inversion and DVB-S

Hi, I've just encountered something very weird about frequency inversion. With
my new stv0299 code, I'm able to get a much better signal for lots of
channels. Except one. 11747000 on hotbird (EDTV Dubai etc). This is with
inversion turned OFF BTW.

With the new code I'm not able to lock on 11747 at all. But.. as I was
despairing of things to try, I tried turning inversion ON. Now I can lock on
to that signal perfectly (but none of the others, 'cos they require inversion
OFF).

Can someone please explain what would cause this?