[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula USB DVB-T

> Once upon a time (August, to be more precise), I got interested on the
> Nebula USB DVB-T device. I asked on this if anyone was developing a
> driver for it, and as no-one was, I decided to try it myself.
>
> I contacted Nebula, and they promised to help me any way they could,
> including giving a test device (after making sure I really am
> doing/qualified to do the job), and the specifications, of course.
>
> They were a bit busy in their own (windows-based) development though (a
> new version of their windows-program was released recently), and as I
> was a bit busy with work too, I wasn't very active in asking them again
> when nothing appeared. As a result, I have neither the specs nor the
> device, and the work hasn't gotten anywhere.
>
> Now comes the problematic part. I'm going to Germany, Bochum, for the
> next 5 months. Unfortunately, as I recently found out, the area will get
> DVB-T only in May (which is a bit badly timed, as at that time I'm
> beginning to get back), so there is no way I could test the driver and
> the device. And looking at my schedule further, from June, the earliest
> I'm going to be able to continue is around August.
>
> So. I invite anyone interested to carry on (or rather to start) the
> project, by contacting Nebula (they know my schedule problems, and are
> still willing to help anyone who wants to make the driver). My prime
> interest is to see the thingy supported in linux. It seems to be a
> really nice device, USB2 and all...

I was going to have a go at this, but I'm not sure I have enough time to spare
any more.  They've got back to me recently so I thought I'd better ask around
the list again if anyone else is interested.  I might buy one myself to
tinker with (it does look like a nice device), but I guess the test device is
still available.

Cheers,
Alex