[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel OOPS

On Thursday 04 March 2004 21:01, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > anybody you can help me out of this?
>
> The problem is that the av7110 hardware does not support TS playback.
> The driver tries to work around this by remuxing the TS into PES
> and feeding PES to the hardware. IMHO this code should be dropped
> rather than attempted to fix.
> Remuxing should be done in user space. VDR does the right thing.
>
> Johannes

Thx for your fast answer.
Maybe also just for your understanding
the ts was recorded from the dvr device and it contains
1 VideoPES pid 0x00ff
1 AudioPES pid 0x0100
1 AC3 PES pid 0x0101

muxed as TS via demux with output DMX_OUT_TS_TAP.

I was wondering about the fact that the av7110 hw is able to do a replay via the dvr device with test_dvr_play.c
even i was told that av7110 isn't able to playback a ts.

as my real program is mainly running on settop boxes i do not really care about the user space remuxing problem - it just
would have been nice to be able to test features on pc first.

thx
again
mws