[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend experimental patch v1

> > Do you have a particular reason in mind for it returning to AUTO if the
> > lock is lost?
>
> No, this was a simplification. A transponder will hardly ever change
> signal inversion on the fly. (At least I hope so.)
>
> Anyway, someone wrote that there is a transponder which transmits an
> inverted signal. So it's necessary to return to AUTO when tuning to a
> new transponder.

Heh. that was me :)

> Usually the inversion setting won't change. So it is better to try the
> last working inversion setting first. This will speed up tuning.

IMO, that should be done in userspace... when the apps are first scanning for
TV signals they should use AUTO.. when they get a lock, they should record
them and use the non-AUTO values.

The frontend core only does autoinversion if the app requests it in
SET_FRONTEND with INVERSION_AUTO... I think is how the API is supposed to
work anyway.