[linux-dvb] Re: Unable to lock drivers with DVB 1.1.1 driversand TT DVB-C

I have full featured TT DVB-C 2.1 card and I am able to seen channels on windows.

I have a Siemens DVB-C and it works perfect (better than ever before)
with the current drivers.

Are you using 1.1.1 drivers or have you used Andrew's patches?

subtv:42600000:INVERSION_ON:6900000:AUTO:QAM_128:353:609

Have you tried INVERSION_OFF or INVERSION_AUTO?

Since dvbtune works I don't think it's the driver's fault.

I have now been able to get channels locked, I just found out that I can use "scan" to
generate channel conf for czap. After comparing old and new channel.conf I noticed that my handmade
channel.conf was missing the service id field.
I think it would be nice to have fields required documented somewhere. (Maybe in the README)
I can try to make some documentation patches after playing and learning more from the usage of my card -:)

After getting channel locked with czap I have also been also able to show channels by using command
gxine dvb://
Command
mplayer dvb://

did now work for me, instead it just gave me a errors I put in the end of the mail.

I am also wondering whether I am loading my drivers correctly in the modprope.conf.
I have put there following lines I found from one discussion in the net

alias char-major-81 dvb-ttpci
alias char-major-250 dvb-ttpci
alias /dev/dvb/* dvb-ttpci
alias /dev/dvb/adapter0/* dvb-ttpci
alias /dev/video* dvb-ttpci
install dvb-ttpci /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install dvb-ttpci; \
/sbin/modprobe ves1820

There are however some issues I do not understand.
First one is the frontdriver, which one I should use and where does it affect on?
I have just put ves1820 blindly into my modprobe because I noticed from the cards.txt that
there is only it at76c651 available for the DVB-C frontend driver. Is it possible to use some program
for finding out all chips my dvb-card has?

Another issue (which belongs more to the VDR newsgroup) is the usage of vdr/kvdr.
How they really should work? If I run "./vdr", the app will just block without showing any output.
kvdr gives me a flashing dialog, but nothing else appear there. (not even menu)

Mika

---------------------------------
MPlayer 1.0pre3-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred 1532 MHz (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection.Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 61 audio & 169 video codecs
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or directory
Input config file /etc/mplayer/input.conf parsed: 53 binds
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0 : No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support.
You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing dvb://.
TUNER TYPE SEEMS TO BE DVB-C
code taken from dvbstream for mplayer v0.4pre1 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
dvb_tune Freq: 162000000
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048 bytes
dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes
Cache fill: 0,00% (0 bytes) LMLM4 Stream Format not found
XMMS: found plugin: libcdaudio.so (CD Audio Player 1.2.9)
XMMS: found plugin: libmpg123.so (MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player 1.2.9)
XMMS: found plugin: libtonegen.so (Tone Generator 1.2.9)
XMMS: found plugin: libvorbis.so (Ogg Vorbis Player 1.2.9)
XMMS: found plugin: libwav.so (Wave Player 1.2.9)
XMMS: Closing plugin /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libwav.so
XMMS: Closing plugin /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libvorbis.so
XMMS: Closing plugin /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libtonegen.so
XMMS: Closing plugin /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libmpg123.so
XMMS: Closing plugin /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.so