[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-USB-T and 2.6

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Thursday 11 March 2004 00:19, John Dalgliesh wrote:
> > So setting a configuration like that probably isn't what you want to do
> > once you've matched to an interface - which the kernel 2.6 code looks like
> > it does - although I guess it doesn't hurt if you only have one
> > configuration anyway.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the (conceptual) hierarchy of things USB goes:
> > [USBDevice] x [configuration value] x [USBInterface] x [alternate setting]
> > x [USBPipe]
> >
> > where the choice on a previous stage affects the options on the next ...
> > but I'm a little hazy on the last couple of stages :)
>
> Actually, that would explain another weird phenomenon I was seeing; two USB-Ts
> are showing up under 2.6, when I've only plugged one in. The first works, the
> second doesn't. Maybe I should remove the set/reset_configuration() call
> entirely?

Yep, I reckon you should just remove that line (under 2.6) and see if it
works :)

Also I think you should use the 'probe' method to discard the interface
that you don't want. According to the ttusb_setup_interfaces method it
looks like it really wants to run as interface index #1. So if the
usb_interface passed into probe isn't this index then it's not the one you
want (and you don't need to call usb_set_interface either).

But then it doesn't really make sense why it should be the first device
that works and the second that doesn't ... unless the ordering got
reversed somewhere and 1st device != interface #0.

> > btw the TT USB devices do seem to have two USBInterfaces however...
>
> Yep.. I assume one default interface, and one for when its up and running.

Not sure, I think one is some sort of device setup interface, and the
other is where the real action happens. But that is just a guess.

{P^/