[linux-dvb] Re: No sound on some channels (sometimes)

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Martin Holst wrote:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Unless the dvb-ttpci driver is loaded with pids_off=1 the
pcr/video/audio filters won't be cleared on DMX_STOP/close()
(this is for szap + dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 compatibility).

Anyway: Please try if pids_off=1 solves the problem, and double
check that there are no old filters set when changing transponders.

I've changed this and since 2 days this problem is gone. And I've observed,
that the UPT-error occurs not as frequently as before that changes. For
example: Now I can do a channel switching over 80 channels before the error
occurs. Before that, the error occured even after 15 switches. Maybe we should
debug the UPT-error in that direction...

Hm, since the default dvb_shutdown_timeout makes the pids_off=0 default
pointless, maybe we should change the pids_off default to 1...

Yes?

Johannes

Has there been any progress on this? I updated to CVS a few days ago, and almost immediately managed to record something using Mythtv which had picture but no sound... I haven't got pids_off=1 though. I think also that this occurred when recording from my Nova-T card? (Not 100% sure though)

Thanks