[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle-sat & EOL

All you need is dvbnet.

It is included into the dvb-apps pkg.

For me it works better if I load dvb-core module using
options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

Do something like this:
1) create a channels.conf using channel settings for your provider
   $ echo "<provider_name>:<freq>:<h/v>:<diseq>:<symbolrate>:1fff:1fff"
> channels.conf
2) tune the channel
   $ szap -c channels.conf -n1 -x
3) edit dvbnet script net_start.sh (set up PID, IP_ADDR and MAC_ADDR)
4) launch dvbnet script
   $ ./net_start.sh
5) look at network devices
   # ifconfig

6) set up proxy, routing and dns according to your provider settings.

--
Vincenzo Di Massa <hawk78_it@yahoo.it>