[linux-dvb] Re: hdtv & fields/sec

From: "Oliver Derks" <oli@linux-jungs.de>
> I must say the 50 f/s are already enough for the setup i have
> at the moment... i have to watch this with -framedrop....

The next generation of graphics cards will supposedly be designed to be
able to fully handle HDTV:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14524

> how are you measuring the fields/s anyway???

Not at all, I think the information is found in the video stream. I just
look into the "Statistics" property page of my MPEG-2 decoder (NVDVD) where
it shows the original frame rate (not the achieved one, which is lower on
my box as well:().

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach