[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel/stv0299 cvs >20040224

On Friday 12 March 2004 22:16, you wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2004 20:42, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i've discovered that in cvs dvb-kernel above 20040224 tuning with mythtv
> > is broken, but szap still works. The only difference between the two I
> > can see is that szap uses FE_READ_STATUS, and mythtv uses FE_GET_EVENT to
> > read the frontend status. Now, mythtv does indeed receive those events,
> > but never with a status of |LOCK. What am i missing here? Is this a
> > frontend bug, or application bug?
> >
> > Hauppauge Nexus-S (STV0299: BSRU6, TDQB-S00x)
>
> Odd; dvbtune (which uses the event interface) still works OK..... I wonder
> what mythtv is doing differently.

Doing some reading of the diff between 20040224 and 20040225 i noticed some
changes to accomodate for FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO. Now, all my channels had
been pre-set with INVERSION_OFF (because the mythtv dvb stuff is kind enough
to warn about unsupported features of the frontend), and when I change this
to INVERSION_AUTO all works well. So i guess it's a frontend bug then..

--

Kenneth
ke-aa@frisurf.no