[linux-dvb] Signal Strength & driver versions

I have a VisionPlus (TwinHan) DVB-T card, and am using a 2.6.1 kernel with
the stock DVB drivers.

Using tzap, I get a signal strength of around 34% (5900/ffff) and SNR of
around 38% (6200/ffff.) Using the same card in the same machine under
windows, I get signal strength and 'quality' of around 95-98%.

Is this Windows getting it wrong, or is there something wrong with my
linux config? I am having problems getting DVB to work with MythTV, and
want to make sure there aren't any problems with DVB first.

I can pipe dvbstream's output to mplayer, and I get a glitch free
playback, so these low figures sound a bit out of whack. Either way, would
using later drivers have any impact?

TIA,

Jon